Sunday, November 6, 2011

Big Business and a Little Charity

The day Grandpa and Grandma left the weather was beautiful. So nice in fact, that Dash decided to do a lemonade stand. He made his lemonade out of Crystal Light, wrote the price ($5/cup) on a piece of paper he taped to a table and hauled it all out to the front yard and set up shop by the road. Colt was his first customer. Since Dash refused to give a family discount, I printed a five dollar bill off the computer and gave it to Colt as his method of payment. Dash was happy to have a customer, but he wasn't satisfied. He invited me to step right up, if I had $5. Colt and I went back in the house and I watched Dash from the window. After a while I started to feel sorry for the little guy. He wasn't giving up and he looked so hopeful every time a car went by. About an hour later, I finally convinced him to shut up shop, but just as we started packing up, the husband of one of my friends stopped by and insisted on buying a cup. We had to pick the plastic cups up out of the dirt in order to pour him a cup of now very warm fake juice. Dash was rewarded for his efforts with $2. Then before we were able to get everything back in the house, another customer stopped by and "bought/donated" $3 worth of juice. Dash was so super proud of himself, he even decided to lower the price to a dollar for next time since "it seems like people mostly have one monies".
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment