Sunday, April 15, 2012

Career Advise

So, I'm their Mom, of course I'm going to be biased, but seriously, I have some of the smartest, best looking, most talented boys in existence.  Naturally, I have complete faith in their ability to grow up and enter into successful and highly lucrative careers.

Dash is a natural lawyer.  I've never met a boy that could negotiate as well as he can.  And his ability to lead you to see truth his way...its uncanning.  For instance, the other day I was driving in the car with the boys and we were taking turns picking out songs to listen to from the ones I have stored on my phone.  Dash likes a few particular songs, and Colt likes almost all of them, mostly though, the ones Dash hates.  So after Dash's pick ended, Colt was reaching for the phone, but Dash refused to hand it to him until Colt answered the following question "Colt, did you like the song I picked?" At first Colt didn't answer, but continued reaching for the phone.  Dash was persistent.  "First, Colt, just tell me, did you like the song I picked?"  Finally, Colt admitted that, yes, he did like the song.  Satisfied, Dash wrapped up his arguments by concluding with the following: "Good.  And now since I picked a song you liked, you have to pick a song I like."  Guilty.  No deliberations.

Colt, on the other hand is not a debater, he is a charmer, a pleaser.  And he knows how to use it to his advantage.  Therefore, I recommend him as a politician.  I mean, tell me if this doesn't sound like something out of the public arena. 
"Mommy" (snuggling up to me and batting his eyelashes) "I love you, Mommy.  I love you more than ice cream and you're my best friend."  Of course, I melt faster than the dessert he referenced.  "Oh Colty, I love you too and you're my best friend!" "Mommy?" (more snuggling and hugging) "You need to give me a cookie now."

Out of all the boys, Sport has the most options.  Despite some obvious genetic drawbacks on his size, I see Sport being a professional athlete.  And I mean any kind of athlete.  The child can dribble a ball, shoot with a wrist flick, throw with impeccable aim (usually right for the face, and no, he doesn't miss, so you learn to pay attention), race with the big kids, lift weights (he works out with my hand weights on a regular basis), jump and tackle.  Rock climber and stuntman are also within his range.  Sport climbs onto counters, walks the back of the couch and jumps from the window sills.  Bravery is definitely his strong suit.  And when he is rich and famous, I expect him to buy me a new house to make up for all the dented walls and broken decorations I'm putting up with while he develops his skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment