Sunday, February 10, 2013

Misc.

Lately Colt has been such a great example to me of missionary work.  The other day we were at a basketball game and he was chatting it up with Dash's kindergarten teacher.  He was really close to her face since he really doesn't have a good sense of personal space and after a minute she said, "You know, you look just like Dash."  He immediately replied, "No, I don't because Heavenly Father makes us all different!"

Then just a couple of days later, we were watching the Super Bowl at some friends house and sat down to eat pizza during the Half Time Show.  We dished the kids' food up first and were filling our own plates when Colt asked if we could please say prayer so he could eat.  This couple is not what I would call religious, but they obliged by singing a little ditty about Jesus.  Colt listened politely and when it was over he kind of giggled and then, "Okay...so can we say prayer now?"

So maybe his technique could use a little finesse, but really how great is it that he just lives what he believes with no shame, no apology and no self-righteous pride!

Colt gets a lot of his testimony from his primary class.  Last Sunday he came home with a book about the Sacred Grove and Joseph Smith and he was able to tell us this story perfectly.

This is Colt's picture of the Sacred Grove.  You can see Joesph Smith there in the middle and the black X's are birds. I'm particularly impressed with the flowers he drew along the bottom.
Dash has been doing some writing as well.  Dash has a hard time falling asleep at night so he is allowed to draw in bed with a flashlight as long as he is quiet enough for Colt to fall asleep.  Lately he has taken to writing notes and then presenting them to us the next morning.  The following are some of my favorites along with a translation. 
To Dad
Dad, Thanks for taking me places and playing with me and that's all I know.
 
To Mom
Mom, Thanks for my tops and my food and my night light and that's all I know.
(I had just bought him a new shirt/top that day)
 
To Mom
Mom I am trying to make friends with a 5th grader who is Robin, but don't tell Dad. So can I get her a gift?
 In other news, Brandan finished another carving and I think this one is my new favorite.
Mountain man carving
And finally, Sport is keeping us all busy by hiding our personal belongings around the house and Breeze is keeping the laundry baskets full by slobbering so much we have to change clothes twice a day. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment