Monday, April 29, 2013

April {Snow} Showers

On Tuesday, April 9th we. got. snow. A lot of snow.  Like 26 inches in 24 hours. School was cancelled and everyone stayed home (except for us, we walked through the snow to play at the school gym...life has to go on). And then we got more snow on the 12th, the 16th, 17th, 18th and the 23rd.  We had some late start school days and scary roads.  But maybe the best way to describe our "spring" is to tell you that the high school track started practice March 4th and had their first track meet April 26th because all the meets had been cancelled due to weather.
The first big snow storm.
 
Colt admiring the piles on the front porch.
 
Taking the day off.
 
My kids are great examples to me.  One day when I was complaining about the snow, Colt told me not to worry because when it all melts the grass would look sooo green! 

So I guess the lesson is when life gives you snow, make a snow fort.
The boys and I built this snow fort the day after the first big storm.  It might not look like much, but it was a lot of work!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment