Sunday, September 21, 2014

Announcement


You know the saying - "the Lord only gives you what you can handle"?  Clearly, Brandan and I can handle very little.  Our lives have been blessed and relatively bumpless.  I think that is why we had such a hard time earlier this year when we lost two pregnancies.  I miscarried early in a pregnancy in January and then again at 11 weeks in April.  The second miscarriage was especially hard because I needed to have a D&C procedure while Brandan was out of town at a math conference in Louisiana.  I'm grateful for good friends and family, however.  One friend drove me to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning, while another friend babysat my brood at that early hour.  Then later, Aunt Mel and Patti brought over a week's worth of food.  I'm also grateful for priesthood blessings and prayer.

We're very happy for this pregnancy.  Things started a little rocky when the first ultrasound showed the beginning of a twin pregnancy, but one of the babies never developed a heartbeat.  I miscarried that baby, but was able to keep the other baby who is at this very moment bumping and kicking away. I trust Heavenly Father completely.  I'm grateful for the Spirit that calms my worries and soothes my fears and I'm looking forward to February!

No comments:

Post a Comment