Sunday, November 2, 2014

Random, but Interesting

I found these little gems just now and even though they won't be in the correct chronological order, I'll set my OCD self aside for now in order to include them as a part of our family history.

For General Conference this fall, we made a giant bingo board and the kids worked together to fill in the squares.  I don't know if it really helped them have a more spiritual experience, but I liked hearing them calling out things like, "Hurry, he just said 'church'!  Where is our church picture?!"

One late afternoon, Sport was standing at the back window when he started shouting about a raccoon.  We all ignored him (a skill Brandan and I have mastered, we learned the art of ignoring from our kids) because we assumed he was referring to the wild Siamese cats in the back field.  He kept it up and we finally caved in time to see a big, fat raccoon wander through the back yard.  After reading Where the Red Fern Grows this summer, naturally, the boys decided to give him chase and managed to corner him behind the neighbor's shed.  Don't worry.  Brandan and I yelled at them to stop from the safety of our bedroom window. 

Dash is suppose to read at least 15 minutes a day and Colt needs read to at least 10 minutes a day.  I've worked out the arrangement pictured above. Some might call this lazy parenting.  I just call it smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment