Tuesday, May 2, 2017

September 2016

Little mimic.  Loves to wear Dash's under-helmet hat.

And his helmet as well.

Dash played grid-kid football this year.  He loved it and had a really successful season.  He is one of the players in purple.  Not even going to apologize for not knowing which one.

Some days you eat mac and cheese out of the pan with the serving spoon. With no clothes on.

Sport played soccer again this year and completely killed it.

Aggression is a family specialty.

Colt also played soccer.  He was one of the best players on his team.  When they got up too far, his coach would have to pull him back and make him defender.

Going for the goal!

Some days you take every blanket out of your closet and fall asleep with them in the easy chair. With no clothes on. 

I ran my first half marathon in September.  It was a ton of fun and the more so because Nate jumped on the road and ran the last few miles with me.  Mom and Dad, Nate and his family and my whole crew met me at the finish line. 

These are the stats from my half.  Sideways because I'm not very smart.  The course was almost all downhill which lead to a pretty great time for me, but I didn't walk properly for nearly two weeks afterward.

This fall I started helping coach the Lyman cross country teams.  A dream come true for me.  Thank you Brandan for encouraging me to go for it and for taking on lots more kid responsibility while still coaching junior high football. I loved every second of it.  This is the junior high team before our meet in Rock Springs.

The high school girls team on a rainy race day in Ririe, ID.

The boys team-standing right next to the Firth High School team.  Pretty cool to see Coach Portela at the race-in his red Cincinnati ball cap.  Some things never change!

We spent several weekends this fall in the hills cutting down firewood.  I hated it, but I did love the scenery.  One day we left the valley in a light rain shower and hit the hills in a full on snow storm.  It was super wet, but warm.  We pulled out a ton of wood and enjoyed some beautiful sights.

Snowy fall day in the Uintas.

Sis didn't participate in any formal sports this fall, but if being a girly girl got a medal, she would win gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment