Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Big Boys II

The last couple of weeks have been big ones for my baby boys.  They are all growing up so fast.

Last Wednesday, the Upton School District did their annual Move Up Day.  On this day all the kids spend the day in the grade and with the teacher they will have next year and the new Kindergarteners come and spend their first day at school.  Dash was really excited for this day and Colt was too, because he thought he would be able to go to school also.  When we got to the school in the morning, Dash tried to make me leave at the front door, but I insisted that I at least walk him into his classroom.  He went right in with no hesitations and the only problems we had were getting Colt out of the school.  When he realized that he couldn't stay, he threw himself on the floor and screamed.  This drew quite a crowd so I had an amused audience as I literally dragged a screaming Colty out of the school while Sport slowly made his way down the hall. 
At three, we walked down to meet Dash and he came running out the school completely satisfied with his day.  No surprise, but PE was his favorite.  Actually, when I ran into the PE teacher a couple of days later, she mentioned to me how much Dash loved running during gym.  While the other kids collapsed on the floor, he asked why they couldn't run during their cool down.  Overall, I would say Move Up Day was a success.

Last week, Brandan took the boys to the last track practice before the State meet while I went into Newcastle to get a new drivers license.  Dash had a blister on his foot so he wasn't up to his usual races, but Colt used his time in the limelight to his advantage.  He started jogging around the track, showing off for his favorite high schoolers and made it all the way through 3 laps.  After a little break, one of the kids that Colt is especially fond of mentioned that if Colt ran one more lap he would have run a mile.  So Colt did it! 

On Mothers Day, Sport refused to keep his diaper on.  Finally, I gave in and let him go commando.  It only took a little while and Sport came running up to me in a panic, patting himself on the bum.  I asked him if he needed to go potty and he nodded.  So we ran him into the potty and he went number 2 on the toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment