Thursday, May 23, 2013

So I'm 30 now.

Well, I'm 30. Or in other words, I recently celebrated my second 29th birthday. Despite the dreaded anticipation, I had a great day, complete with chocolate cake and a small party (aka Dash brought a friend home from school, but first he made his friend make me a card out of the cover of his notebook.)
My birthday cake.  As you can see, I had already started dishing up slices when the boys decided they wanted to blow out candles.  And I do mean they wanted to blow out candles.
So a couple of days before my birthday I got a little gift card in the mail from Mom.  Dash saw it and asked if I would be willing to donate the money to the basketball hoop fund.  I kind of hemmed and hawed around it and naturally he interpretted this as a yes.  Later that day, he announced that with the addition of my birthday money, he only needed $50 more dollars to buy the hoop.  He felt confident he would be able to gather that amount by the weekend.  I asked him what his plan was for getting the rest of the money and he replied, "well, I counting on you getting more birthday money".

Also, I should mention that I had a great Mothers Day this year as well.  Brandan got me a bike! I absolutely love it, and I think it is a subtle hint at what he would like for Fathers Day. Colt and Sport gave me some of the chocolate bar the church gave out as gifts to the mothers and Dash made me a gift at school with a list of things he would do for me.  These included doing the laundry, cleaning the house and giving me a back rub.  He's going to make some lucky girl very happy one day.

 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment