Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ode to the Park

Not a half mile from our house is the Mountain View City Park.  We've done it all at the park.  We've played soccer, baseball and football, eaten picnics, thrown sand in our hair, fallen off the monkey bars, vandalized the trees and flowerbeds in search of crab-apples and lady bugs, played pioneers, caught crawdads, searched for treasure, lost shoes and baseball mitts, rode bikes around the trails, made new friends, fought with old friends over the swings, flipped out of the swings, stomped in puddles, thrown rocks at cars and napped at the park.  Anyway, the kids have done all of those things.  I've done some and observed it all while parked at the park.  I've whiled away many an afternoon with good friends solving all the worlds problems while our kids played at the park.  I'll miss "doing the park" when we move.  Of course, I can still drive in and meet up with the gang, but it won't be the same as walking across the cross walk together and complaining loudly about the out-of-town drivers (I'm looking at you, Utah) who don't slow down enough while 3 mothers herd 13 children across the street.  I'll miss you when I'm gone, but in the meantime, Park, this one's for you.

Tag enjoying some spring sunshine at the park.

Sport and Elli and Harper Linford found a mud puddle at the park.

Mud Creatures

Almost unrecognizable.  And I was washing dirt out of his hair and ears for a solid week.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment