Sunday, September 19, 2010

Homecoming

This week was homecoming at Brand's school so on Friday I took the boys down the road to see the parade.  I guess I had really talked up this event because Friday morning around 3 am, the boys came into our bedroom and announced that they were ready to go to the parade.  When we did finally go, around 3 pm, I was a little worried Dash would be disappointed because there were only about 4 floats and a few horses.  I shouldn't have doubted his innocence.  Both boys loved it.  In fact, Dash wanted to walk along after the parade, so I gave it a little head start and then we followed along behind.  When the parade turned onto Main Street it backed up traffic which made Dash super excited because he thought all the cars were in the parade and he was impressed with how long it had grown.  After the parade disbanded at the high school, we finished walking the parade route and made a haul picking up the candy that was thrown on the side of the road.  Upton even won the football game that night, so overall, I would say the day was a success.

Dash and Colt at the homecoming parade. Dash's hat is an innocent little train conductor's cap, but he flips up the bill and manages to look very punk.

No comments:

Post a Comment