Monday, September 27, 2010

Just another week

Nothing too exciting happened last week, but I want to make sure I keep everything current and if I wait for something exciting I might never post.  The boys and I drove into Gillette on Tuesday to watch Brand coach and then we drove to Rapid City on Thursday to go to my doctor's appointment where I convinced my doctor to write me a prescription for a daily back massage from my husband.  (I have yet to get that filled. I might have to get a new pharmacist if I don't see some improvement in the service.)  On Saturday, Brand drove into Spearfish (are you seeing the pattern here) where he worked as a volunteer at the Wildlife Sanctuary.  Brand is supposedly friends with the sanctuary owner, Micheal, but Micheal had him stand in front of the deranged tiger cage all day so I'm not sure what the status of their friendship really is.  This poor tiger was raised with little blonde kids until she got too dangerous and now the old girl can't see little toe-headed kids walk by without play stalking them.  And then when she can't get at them, she gets all riled up and frustrated.  There were a few thousand people at the sanctuary on Saturday and a ton of kids, so Brand said the tiger got a little creepy until she finally got exhausted and just sat there.  If I can get the picture of the tiger off his phone I'll post it later.

This is a typical evening for the family. We go to Brand's school so he can do some work and the short walk usually takes three times as long as it should because the boys have to drive their trucks and Colt insists on picking up every rock and leaf.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should send a bill to the city for all your street cleaning. That way you feel like it is worth the extra time spent on the walk.

    ReplyDelete