Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Good Start

The first few days of April have been pretty good to us.  I pulled off a pretty stellar April Fool's Day trick by mixing huge amounts of salt into a few of the chocolate chip cookies I baked and then fed to my family.  Colt ate most of his without any problem, but Dash and Brandan had to down several glasses of water in order to recover.  Brandan would be upset if I didn't mention that he also was able to pull one over on me when he went through the house and switched all the clocks that evening while I was getting ready for bed.  I was pretty shocked to see that I had waited until 11:30 to go to bed when I thought I would be asleep by 10:30.

Saturday was a beautiful day and the boys literally spent hours outside and even got the first little sunburn of the season. (Brandan spent the day at a track meet and got more than a little sunburn.)



The boys spent a good portion of the day chasing bubbles.


The boys are suppose to be getting ready for bed, but they are goofing off instead.




We watched conference at the Booth's house on Sunday.  Colt asked their 16 year old daughter to hold his hand and then came home and announced to the family that he loves Danny Booth.

On Monday we invited the Ivies over to watch the NCAA Basketball Finals.  Dash and Colt thought we were having a party so they requested I make a basketball party cake.

The basketball party.
 
 Sport has been able to roll and maneuver to where ever for quite some time now, but on Monday night he started hoisting onto all fours.  It's only a matter of time...


I didn't get him at his best, but this is Sport practicing his crawl stance.


2 comments:

  1. Such a cute family! I'm glad you blog.

    I love your April Fools joke. I'll have to try that one next year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm warning you though, don't taste test the dough. Just trust that it will be awful.

    ReplyDelete